Sunday, March 20, 2011

LuSa Baby Wipe Juice

When we made the choice to use cloth diapers, we decided that it made the best sense for us to use cloth wipes as well. It took us a year of trying different recipes and products for our wipes solution before we tried Baby Wipe Juice from LuSa Organics.



I'd seen the pretty blue bottles at the local cloth diapering store, and even picked them up a few times to look them over. I had tried and loved LuSa's Booty Balm, so I knew I could trust the product to be safe and effective. On top of that, I love supporting local businesses, and LuSa is based about 30 miles from where I live. Still, I didn't think I could justify shelling out $13 for that little blue bottle when my only issue with the water/apple cider vinegar/tea-tree oil combination we'd been using was the smell.

When we received a gift card to the local cloth diapering store for Delilah's birthday, a bottle of Baby Wipe Juice was among the goodies we splurged on. Thank goodness for that gift card, because Baby Wipe Juice quickly made it to the top of my list of must-have items for cloth diapering.

The first thing I noticed when I opened the bottle was the heavenly scent. Sure, anything would smell better than vinegar and tea tree oil, but there was no chemical or soapy smell what-so-ever. It just smelled nice and fresh; a bit earthy. There's a trace of lavender and just a faint hint of patchouli in the scent; so don't worry, your baby won't smell like a hippie. Not that I have any objection to babies smelling like hippies, I'm rather a fan. ;)

The directions call for mixing 1-3 teaspoons with a cup of water. I use less than a teaspoon with about 3/4 cup of water with great results. Using that formula nets us 4-5 days worth of wipes. Baby Wipe Juice is extremely gentle. Delilah has very sensitive skin and is prone to eczema outbreaks and diaper rashes, and she has not had a single diaper rash or hint of skin irritation since we started using it.

Remember that price tag I had hemmed and hawed about? We got that bottle in mid-November. Nearly three months later, it's nearing half empty. I never kept track, but I have no doubt that the amount of apple cider vinegar and tea-tree oil we were going through added up to much more than about $2 a month! The lack of rashes means we're saving on salves and creams for diaper rash, too!  

--This is an un-solicited review for which I received no compensation. 
The views and opinions expressed herein are my own. Your results may vary.

If you like this blog, and haven't done so lately, please vote for 'Dear Delilah, Fine and Fair' on 
Babble's Top 50 Mom Blogs. Thanks for your support!

0 comments:

Post a Comment