Sunday, March 20, 2011

Baby-Be-Mine Belly Band

I'm stealing one last favorite from my former life as a pregnant lady.

One of the first items I ordered when I found out I was pregnant was the Belly Band from Baby-be-Mine
I cannot say enough good things about this product. At first, I used it to cover the fact that my jeans were un-buttoned, back when I could still get my pre-pregnancy jeans up over my hips. It remained useful well into the third trimester, when I used it to cover the not-so-lovely panel that maternity jeans are known for, when my shirt wasn't quite long enough to cover it. It simply looks like I'm wearing a snug tank top or tube top underneath whatever I'm wearing.

I ordered 4 of these, one each in black, white, cocoa, and stone. (Go for the 3 pack. Seriously.) The fabric is delightfully soft and easy to care for, requiring no special laundering. I've heard women complain of other types of belly bands being too short, or not staying up, but I've had no such problems with these.

After my daughter was born, I continued to use them until I could button my old jeans again. Let's be honest, for most women, our post-baby bellies, while appreciated and respected, are not something we love to show off to passers-by. As such, I still use them to this day, to keep my belly covered when I have to lift my shirt to nurse Delilah! These are a bit more expensive than some other belly bands out there, but with nearly two years of consistent use under their belt, they have held up remarkably well. I wouldn't be surprised if they last me through another pregnancy when the time comes!

--This is an un-solicited review for which I received no compensation. It was adapted from a review originally published here on my pregnancy blog.

*****************
If you like this blog, and haven't already done so, please vote for 'Dear Delilah, Fine and Fair' on 
Babble's" Top 50 Mom Blogs. Thanks for your support!

0 comments:

Post a Comment